I have written three books on interest groups and lobbying in the United States. The first is a technical study of competitive lobbying and its implications for lawmaking, the second is an undergraduate or graduate level textbook, and the third is an argument regarding ethics in lobbying.
Interest Groups and Lobbying: Pursuing Political Interests in America. Second edition published by Routledge in October of 2020. First edition published in 2014 by Westview Press.
- First edition reviewed by Daniel Lewis in Interest Groups & Advocacy, April 2014
The Ethical Lobbyist: Reforming Washington’s Lobbying Industry. Published in 2015 (2016 in paperback) by Georgetown University Press.
- Featured on C-Span2 Book Television, February 4, 2017
- Featured in “Would More Lobbying Improve America?” by Kevin Hartnett in Politico, August 24, 2015
Competitive Interests: Competition and Compromise in American Interest Group Politics. Published in 2011 by Georgetown University Press.
- Reviewed by Matt Grossmann in Perspectives on Politics, June 2013.
- Reviewed by Timothy M. LaPira in Political Science Quarterly, Winter 2012-13
All books are currently available for purchase.