I have written three books on interest groups and lobbying in the United States. The first is a technical study of competitive lobbying and its implications for lawmaking, the second is an undergraduate or graduate level textbook, and the third is an argument regarding ethics in lobbying. I am currently working on a fourth book on the politics of water policy in the American west, to be published in late 2023.
Water Politics: The Fragmentation of American Western Water Policy. To be published by Routledge in late Fall of 2023 (hardback and e-book first, to be followed by paperback).
Interest Groups and Lobbying: Pursuing Political Interests in America. Second edition published by Routledge in October of 2020. First edition published in 2014 by Westview Press.
- First edition reviewed by Daniel Lewis in Interest Groups & Advocacy, April 2014
The Ethical Lobbyist: Reforming Washington’s Lobbying Industry. Published in 2015 (2016 in paperback) by Georgetown University Press.
- Featured on C-Span2 Book Television, February 4, 2017
- Featured in “Would More Lobbying Improve America?” by Kevin Hartnett in Politico, August 24, 2015
Competitive Interests: Competition and Compromise in American Interest Group Politics. Published in 2011 by Georgetown University Press.
- Reviewed by Matt Grossmann in Perspectives on Politics, June 2013.
- Reviewed by Timothy M. LaPira in Political Science Quarterly, Winter 2012-13
All books are currently available for purchase.